Margo Hays has been designing online experiences since 1995.
Margo began her career in Minneapolis, MN as a web designer for MRNet, a local Internet Service Provider. She taught herself HTML and quickly built her portfolio designing web sites for local businesses. Shortly thereafter she was recruited to work for the legendary online community The WELL in Sausalito, CA, and has stayed in the Bay Area ever since. Her love of simplicity, organization and design is infused in everything she does, online and offline.
Margo lives in Kentfield, CA with her husband Steve, two children and her dog Daisy. In her spare time she loves to run, hike, ski and play outdoors with her family.
CAREER ACHIVEMENTS in user experience design
- Defined a digital user experience vision for Beauty Brands
- Designed an online photo sharing feature for Sephora called the Beauty Board, for mobile and desktop
- Designed across mobile, tablet and desktop for Sephora.com
- Designed a 360 degree anatomy tablet app for Healthline Networks
- Designed the tablet-optimized UX for Kohls.com
- Helped AKQA win Digital Agency of Record for Audi
- Designed the UX for the Audi A6 tablet app
- Helped design a small business owner social network
- Developed UX design strategies for Glam/Mode Media
- Designed the user experience strategy for an international eBooks company based in Herzliya, Israel
- Managed on and off-shore graphics production teams for Beauty Brands and Glam Media